SENSORIANCE product is a cost-effective system to provide the aircraft with high definition vision capabilities in the IR and visual spectra. This vision system combines information from various sources, including a compact camera –consisting of a cost effective, versatile, high-performance and highly-reliable optical system— and external sensors, distributed in the form of LRU modules.
Saab Avionics Systems collaborates in Sensoriance project as the Topic Manager
This information is then processed by a computer vision and image processing module to infer useful knowledge and event-reaction capabilities, aiding pilots during all phases of flight (taxi, takeoff, cruise, and landing). The visual information perceived by the pilot’s natural vision is enhanced (or even replacing, when needed) via an advanced flight vision and awareness system that provides obstacle detection and avoidance, as well as increased visibility for all weather conditions, increasing safety on flight operations.
The developed system will be ITAR-free, to avoid delays related to export controls by the US, increasing its versatility and making it more appealing for prospective customers. This, along with the system’s lower cost due to the use of more affordable components, would substantially increase its chances to compete with other similar solutions worldwide.
Get in touch with us and we will assist you on how to obtain the best performance of Sensoriance system for your case.
SENSORIANCE system will provide a complete enhance and synthesized images suite and it will allow:
- To enhance the field of view.
- To reduce the risk of occurrence of an impact.
- To Enable air transport system optimization
- To ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations.
- To use ROHs components
- Requiring low investment in devices (COTs)
SENSORIANCE system main specifications are:
- VGA resolution 640×480 pixels or 1024×768 uncooled sensor, spectral range of 8-14 um, MIL-STD-810 and MIL-STD-883 standards with small response time constant (<12 ms) and frame rate > 30 Hz.
- Frame rate up to 60 Hz full frame (1 output).
- Latency <30 ms.
- VGA with a measured NETD of 35mk
- CCD visual cameras, one of them with NIR filter.
- Electrically controlled zoom.
- Field-Of-View: 45H-30V field of view, adaptable to varying observation distances via the camera optics.
SENSORIANCE product is a cost-effective system to provide the aircraft with high definition vision capabilities in the IR and visual spectra